Sunday, April 15, 2012

My own personal Jormungandr








  • This may be among the final posts of Scandinaviana, at least at this address. Hopefully the smoother, more professional incarnation that I've occassionally foretold will materialize before too much longer. A forward step can be seen above, in the beautiful image of Jormungandr recently created by my talented and generous friend, the graphic novelist Gina Siciliano. Jormungandr, you may recall, in addition to being one of my favorite mythological monsters, provides The Scandinavian 81 with one of its central metaphors. From the beginning of this project, I wanted it to be represented by the World Serpent. I'm thrilled with the logo that Gina came up with--I damn well may get a tattoo based on it!-- and I would like to take this opportunity to thank her. For what it's worth, I'll also happily plug her latest published work, Summertime, (not available on Amazon yet unfortunately, but for sale in certain Seattle independent bookstores). She has begun work on her next novel, to based on the life of the fascinating Baroque Italian painter Artemisia Gentileschi.  





No comments:

Post a Comment