Thursday, March 17, 2011

comings and goings

I forgot to mention medieval Swedish rebel leader Engelbrekt Engelbrektsson, Enlightenment era Norwegian playwright, philospher and satirist Ludwig Holdberg, and Swedish actor Max von Sydow, all of whom, too, have been knocked off the Scandinavian 81.  Of over a dozen names suggested by a recently, fortuitiously acquired Norwegian friend, particularly outstanding are scientist Kristian Olaf Birkeland, Danish opera singer Kirsten Flagstad, and Danish film director Lars von Trier.  These three names are now on the candidates list, bringing me back to a total of 80.

I'm trying to impose a reading plan on myself.  Pagan Ressurection was a good place to start my systematic study.  Next up, the entire Heimskringla, additional sagas, and a review of all my Viking literature.  The plan now is to proceed in more or less chronological order. 

I might be insane just thinking this project is something I can do, even poorly. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment